Business Planning – Shaping the Future!
Considered Business Planning is fundamental to creating success! Success doesn’t happen by itself – it requires planning and deliberate action to shape the future the way you want it to be!
Without planning, you will invariably miss opportunities, expose yourself to unnecessary risks and fail to maximise your success.
Business Planning for a Better Life!
As an owner and leader of your business, a key strategy for achieving your success will be to manage your business in a manner that supports and enhances the achievement of your life goals.
This involves addressing the questions:
- How can I get my business to deliver the outcomes I want?
- How can I maximise the performance of my business to further maximise my success?
Business Planning – Addressing Uncertainty and Complexity
The solutions to these questions will involve dealing with various challenges, trade-offs and paradoxes. Often this requires you to operate in an environment involving a great deal of uncertainty and complexity.
To function in a complex and uncertain environment, and ensure your goals are realised – you need a Business Planning Framework that enables you to:
- Identify and seize opportunities
- Counter threats and manage risks
A Business Planning Framework Leading to Success!
Your Business Planning Framework needs to ensure you are:
- Aware of and acknowledge the opportunities and threats
- Developing an understanding of the structure and underlying nature of the opportunities and threats
- Developing solutions to capture the opportunities and manage the threats
- Taking action by employing the identified solutions, evaluating the results and taking corrective action as required
Without a Business Planning Framework to capture opportunities and manage threats, maximising your success is practically impossible.
Building Your Planning Capability and Competency
At Fortitude, we take you through a business planning process that meets your individual needs and specific requirements. We work with you to:
- Develop a framework and schedule for your business planning needs
- Establish clarity around the direction you are heading
- Coordinate your business initiatives into a cohesive and focused set of actions
- Establish commitment to action and allocate resources that capitalise on opportunities and mitigate threats
- Optimise resources by allowing you to consider alternative options
- Program activities in advance and improve efficiencies
- Identify the key metrics and accountabilities required to measure implementation effectiveness
Business Planning is an essential element in creating success!
Ultimately, it is both the planned action and learning (planned and unplanned) that determines your success.
Plans must remain flexible and adaptable, so that new learnings and ideas can be incorporated.
If you would like to learn more about how to build your Business Planning Framework and the capabilities that maximise your success, give Grant at Fortitude Business Consulting a call today on 1300 551 040.
The Project - A group of entrepreneurs identified a business opportunity to revitalise the Australian dried vine fruit industry. They needed help to commercialise the concept. The Solution Support the entrepreneurial group through the entire process from idea to reality. This included: Industry research and innovation Strategy development Obtaining Government grants...Read more
The Project - Initial engagement by a family manufacturing company as a traditional business advisory, accounting and tax compliance provider. Over time the relationship developed into a strategic partnership focussed on creating the owner’s business and personal success. The Solution Guide the owners to define their personal goals and support their...Read more
The Project - A client’s business had suffered severe setbacks to its cash flow, the market value of its assets and its relationship with its long-term financier. The business had a diverse operation and asset holding. Yet the business’s planning and management structure didn’t keep pace with its growth. Nor was...Read more
The Project - An industry downturn forced a major agriculture joint venture to reassess the most viable way to maximise its returns. There were a number of joint ventures involved with great diversity in opinion and ownership structure. The Solution Analyse the industry’s potential, review the alternative courses of action, recommend...Read more
The Project - The client was involved in an industry that was dominated by one central processing and marketing business that was failing to invest in the long-term and driving prices below the cost of production to the determent of the entire industry. The client and industry needed to make use...Read more
The Project - Due to a change in circumstance, a husband and wife sold a successful business that they had established some eight years earlier. They were keen to find a new business as they were living on the proceeds from the sale of the old business and were at a...Read more